Upgraded Pool Plant System Installation
Sean met the site manager for Downsend school whilst tutoring a PWTAG accredited national pool plant operators certificate course in August 2018.
Following the industry standards discussed on the course, the school commissioned PPE ltd to install an upgraded pool plant system, including new circulation pumps, a flow meter, filter pressure gauges, an automatic chemical dosing controller and a compact medium pressure wafer ATG UV sterilisation unit along with new pipelines throughout the pool plant system.
Pool plant upgrade
- Install UV
- Reconfigure pipework from circulation pumps towards filtration
- Install a new circulation pump
- Fit non –return valve on sump line
- Install flow meter
- Install four filter inlet/outlet gauges to filter pipelines.
- Install a fast-fill system
- Install new chemical control dosing system
Chemical dosing project (to separate acid /alkali chemistry)
- Remove Hydrochloric acid day tank and carboy’s, and install drip tray and new dosing pump with dosing lines in plant room away from Sodium Hypochlorite storeroom.
- Install new sodium hypochlorite dosing pump and dosing lines.
Both projects were completed, with the client happy with the work. The UV system has allowed the pool to work with less chlorine and lower combined chlorine levels have been achieved. We have also managed to increase the flow rate of the pool from 50m3 an hour to 70m3 plus an hour. PPE are now working closely with the site management team, providing further training courses and an ongoing service and maintenance schedule.